Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Reinging in the Wedding Planning

Thankfully I have a good friend who is able to see where I lack and is able to pick up the pieces without missing a beat. I have really not being doing so hot at wedding planning. I had no idea how miserable at it I would be, there is a lot of pressure and expectations involved here people!! But now I am finally getting my act together. Part of the reason that it took me so long to get a start on it was that I knew we would have a long engagement because I was going back to school and for the same reason I have no time. With spring break being last week, my good friend, A, sprung it on me - it's time! Time to get your silly butt in gear and make some stinking progress. She did not say it in those words, actually, she didn't say anything at all, she didn't have to, she just presented me with this:

Now I can keep everything organized and in one place and finally get all of my thoughts organized! It has a tab for EVERYTHING! She even made the pages to put into the notebook with our initials on them! I have to admit, I was a little embarrassed that I didn't think of doing this for myself, sometimes I swear I am helpless. Even Andrew thought it was cool! It got me really excited about having more concrete plans for the wedding and really got Andrew and I thinking. Such an awesome gift! I am so blessed to have such a thoughtful friend that knew just what I needed!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Glad to hear you're finally getting into wedding planning mode!! ;)

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

That's awesome! What helped me a lot is printing out a checklist (you can probably find all kinds online) of all the hundreds of different things you need to do for a wedding. But looking at that folder, she probably already included one!

Stephanie said...

That is so neat! What an awesome idea Abby!

Related Posts with Thumbnails