Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Recipes


Usually we have a whole house full of people at our house for Thanksgiving which means we stick to the basics and everything that we have goes into making two turkeys, ham and some bbq. This year however one of my cousins is getting married on the East Coast and many members of our family will be attending. Unfortunately, I'm not going to the wedding because I have finals in the weeks to follow and cannot miss class. Even though I am bummed about not going to the wedding I am really looking forward to a "quiet" Thanksgiving. A smaller crowd means that I will have time to make some more interesting dishes and take on some challenges. This year I have had a new appreciation for squash of any kind, sweet potatoes, pumpkin etc. So when browsing through Tastespotting this recipe caught my eye. I have memories of people making sweet potato dishes growing up but somehow they are one ingredient that hasn't made our Thanksgiving spread in recent years. When I was younger I thought sweet potatoes were disgusting, icky, not something I wanted to waste time on. Now, I'm dying to try some recipes to find the perfect one. I love sweet potatoes. Sweet potato fries are one of my favorite side dishes, I can't wait to add a casserole to that list. Mmmm...Thanksgiving is coming...

5 comments:

Abby said...

I don't think I've ever had sweet potatoes...I'm sure you're in shock. lol

BabyMamma said...

Not sure if you know about Tablespoon.com but there are a bunch of squash and pumpkin recipes. I love this time of year because I'm a big pumpkin fan!

Caitlin Erin said...

I hadn't heard of that site, thanks!!

Stephanie said...

DO IT!!! I am all about sweet potatoes right now... I just made the America's Test Kitchen mashed sweet potatoes recipe last night and it was amazing!

Caitlin Erin said...

ATK has a sweet potato mash??? I need to look that up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails