Monday, November 16, 2009

Simple Pleasures of a Sunday

Andrew and I had a lot of running to do on Sunday. Thankfully, it seems as soon as November hits my mom gets a hankering for turkey, so she ended up making an entire Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, notice that stuffed bird? It's as if November comes, those turkeys are calling her and suddenly, it's time to feast! Yum. Anyway, it's a lot easier to be motivated to run long when you know that a freshly roasted turkey awaits. At least for me.
These are the pumpkin bars I kept promising myself I'd make. They were delicious! This was the first night and they were already almost gone. Dad said they tasted like "fluffy pumpkin pie." I think he was right. Some of the pumpkin cakes/breads/bars/cookies that I've made end up way too dense or with a strange overly-chewy texture (bleck). This had the consistency of a normal cake and still offered the perfect amount of pumpkiny goodness. The link to the recipe is in the previous post. You can't go wrong with Paula Deen, can you?

This is "pre" run. Andrew came over to find me in my pile of studying madness (notice the spread of notecards, notebook, computer, handouts, etc) and tried to convince me to take a nap with him. Now, if you know me, you know I'm a sucker for a good nap, especially on the kind of drizzly day it was and with such a cute fiance...but, WE HAD RUNNING TO DO! On Sunday we were exactly two weeks out from 1/2 Marathon Day, and now, we are even closer, eek!

1 comment:

Abby said...

It's true -- the pumpkin bars were amazing!! Good work!
Also, your "pile of studying madness" is cracking me up...

Related Posts with Thumbnails