Wednesday, May 26, 2010

otherwise engaged

Last year Andrew and I got engaged, on an unassuming Thursday evening, what an exciting event! This year we had plans to celebrate our engagement with a fancy dinner and time together. We were both looking forward to it! However, early that morning happened to be the time that God had picked for something else. I had to hold my cat that morning, suddenly a very sick cat, and let him go. A day that I had expected to spend celebrating, planning, rejoicing, I instead spent mourning, remembering, and praying with a very achy heart.
Later that morning Andrew called to wish me a good day and talk about what happened, "just one year ago today..." He asked me how my day was going so far and the floodgates opened. After work that day instead of taking me out to dinner, he took me into his arms and let me cry and snot and wimper all over him. I was one sad girl! That night we did not do much of anything, watched TV and I cried some more. He talked with my parents who were equally as sad, although Dad's a good fake. And that night I realized that there is nothing more romantic than knowing that the man that I get to marry loves me no matter how exhausted, unshowered, tear stained, sweatpant clad, falling apartedly I may be, and he still wants me to be his wife.
Maybe that same romance explains that HUGE smile on my face. I am a very lucky woman.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Awwwww! I still remember that fateful day in the fair office when you called dibs. Lol, who knew it would turn out so well :)

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

A) You are such a great writer! Everytime I read something I am either crying or laughing suuuuper hard. (this one was crying, just for the record)
B) I'm so sorry about your kitty.
C) I can't wait to meet Andrew some day. He sounds like such a stud!

Caitlin Erin said...

Jess - you are too nice! My writing is just rambling!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails