Friday, June 4, 2010

Taste of the South


I had to take Andrew to Cracker Barrel. It was one of my favorite places to eat when I lived in Florida because it had fun breakfast fare. When we sat down to order Andrew looked over the menu and order some country breakfast deal with eggs, ham, hashbrown casserole, grits (grits? what are grits?) and biscuits. He actually had the choice between grits and fried apples, he swears the I told him to order the grits. It really went more like this, the darling waitress asked, "Fried apples? or Grits?" Andrew turns to me with a look on his face that said, "What the hell are grits and why the hell did you bring me here?" He chose the grits. mmmmm grits. I like grits. Turns out, Andrew, does not.

The hashbrown casserole didn't go over well either. Why is there crap in my hashbrowns? I ordered hashbrowns and I got hashbrowns and cheese and onions and crap all mixed together?!?? Babe, you ordered hashbrown CASSEROLE. Try it, you'll love it.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Haha! I'm guessing that I wouldn't do so well at that restaurant either... ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails