Sunday, May 23, 2010

J.C.

He was a very particular kind of cat. He liked to drink from his water dish best when it was placed on top of the toilet. Go figure. I found this quite hilarious and made fun of mom for doing it for him, until one day, there I was picking the water bowl up off of the floor so that J.C. could drink on top of the toilet.


I keep thinking that I'm going to see him waiting to go on a walk. Yes, we walked him. He liked to have someone with him. A companion. He liked to go around the house. And why go alone, when you could take a friend?
You don't realize how much you rely on them until they aren't waiting at the door for you. He isn't waking you up in the middle of the night to watch him eat. He isn't leading me to the bathroom so that he can jump on the counter for a scratch and some love.
I miss him.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I'm truly sorry for your loss, but I think that you and I covered the topics of death and grieving pretty well last night...soooo I'm just going to skip over that right now. I have two questions though:
1. What inspired you guys to put his water dish on the toilet seat in the first place...?
2. Did you ever stop to think that maybe HE was walking YOU? :)

Caitlin Erin said...

Abby, you never fail to make me laugh/smile/think when I want to bawl my eyes out!
1. No idea. I think that he had a telepathic connection to my mother thereby controlling her with his mind.
2. Yes, he WAS in fact, walking us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails