Friday, May 7, 2010

Shirt Re-do

I had a shirt that I didn't wear anymore because those puffy sleeves make my shoulders look huge! Huge I tell you. I was walking it out to the "donate" pile when a wonderfuly horrible idea crossed my mind. I could re-fashion it! Oh heavens...

So I cut off those puffy, shoulder bulking sleeves (that felt good), and then the neckline and got to work. I managed to jam the sewing machine, but after much determination, and about an hour later, my Mom got it to release. Thanks Mom! Did I mention how great my mom is? I started by pinning one of the sleeves the way that I wanted it, then I got tired of pinning and figured it wasn't all that necessary and set straight away to tacking it down. I took the material from the sleeves and a few pearls and added a couple of flowers to the front. It turned out pretty well, didn't manage to grab a photo of the day I wore it. I think my hair was super out of whack, I.E. I didn't do it at all. Anyway, hopefully I'll post a picture of it soon. I think Mom was shocked that I could whip something like that out.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I'm super impressed!! AND I still want to see pics..... :)

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

Yay for refashions! I'm excited to see the pic of the final product!

Related Posts with Thumbnails