Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Partners

I have the best fiance ever! Really, truly, he spoils me!! It is super cool to be in the period of our relationship where we are really just coming into the partnership in everything. It is so cool to have been given this guy that just steps in to help me out when I crumble. I have a tendency to get stressed out a little more than he does. Just a little. Maybe that's an understatement, but either way, he stays calm when I am bite-your-head-off crabby. This morning was a little rough, I was running around trying to get out of the door, the roads were icy, I made it part way to work and realized that I was driving Andrew's car because he had let me use it to take over the pass and I had gotten home late and hadn't had a chance to drive over to his house to switch our cars back. That meant that my car was with at work, and with my car, were my car keys, and with my car keys were my work keys, and no one else was going to be at the office! ERg! So I turned around and drove out to Andrew's office on the other side of town, got my car and my keys and headed to work. When I arrived at work one of our maintenance crew guys reminded me that the office Christmas party was tonight, TONIGHT?!?!? I thought it was tomorrow, in fact I was SURE it was tomorrow! I had not made the dip that I had offered to bring and I hadn't gotten any white elephant gifts to exchange. Wow I was really 0 for 3 this morning! BUT Andrew, calm as can be gives me a huge hug when I show up to get my keys, about as crabby as can be, then when I told him about the party he offered to go and pick up white elephant gifts for both of us. Did I mention that while I was gone in Seattle he stayed at my parents house to watch the cats, which he is allergic too??


I am just so thankful, today especially, that I have been given such a good partner! I am so excited to marry him!

4 comments:

Abby said...

Somehow I missed this blog the first time around...whoops!
Anyways, now I understand what you meant when you said you'd had a rough morning! Yikes!
But I'm glad everything worked out for ya, homes! And that Andrew & your mom were there to help you :)

Caitlin Erin said...

P.S.
I'm glad you are such an avid reader.

Caitlin Erin said...

I posted it after I wrote it and then it just showed up from when I wrote it. Tricky, I know :)

Abby said...

Tricky indeed... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails