Friday, April 9, 2010

St. John of the Cross:

"Wisdom enters through love, silence, and mortification. It is great wisdom to know how to be silent and to look at neither the remarks, nor the deeds, nor the lives of others."

I found this on a blog during Lent. I felt like it pertained to me and what I am striving to do, especially now, when nursing classes seem more competitive than ever. It is so great to take the wisdom of a life that has gone before and know that at some moment, that person, felt the exact same way that you feel at this moment.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I agree. It's pretty neat to think that we're all connected, in a way, by our thoughts and emotions. Ancient/modern, famous/unknown, rich/poor -- it doesn't matter what 'type' a person is...the feelings we have today have already been experienced by people of all shapes & sizes. AND we can draw on their experiences and wisdom. I love that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails