Tuesday, April 27, 2010

100.

She asked my dad to take a picture of us smiling at one another. I think it shows us enjoying one another.


Eyes that have yet to see even one full year looking into the eyes that have seen 1oo.

She is 100. 100 years here. 100 years of life.

Moments.
Relationships.
Struggles.
Triumphs.
Laughs.
Tears.
Experiences.
Heartaches.
Joys.
Loves.
Prayers.

Today marks her 100th day. Although she often does not remember me at first glance, she eventually realizes who I am. One thing that is striking to me is that she always connects with my voice. When I call her Gram Clock, she knows it's me, her youngest granddaughter.It's odd that on this, her 100th day, it really does not matter that she doesn't recognize me: she has worked her way through this world and is prepared for the next. She may not always know me, or others that she once knew, but ONE that she always knows is HIM. She still knows HIM because HE was always there with her. HE was included. She made the choice to walk with HIM, to follow HIM. Not only is she still aware of HIM, but also of HIS WILL. She told me a few months ago that she had never planned to live this long but that this life is what HE had planned for her. She hears HIS voice and knows that HE is near.

2 comments:

Abby said...

That is so neat! She sounds like an amazing woman :)

p.s. Which program is doing the bday shout out? The Today Show..? On Friday..? Am I way off?

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

That is awesome! I love the thought of that sweet little baby who just came from heaven looking into the eyes of someone who paved the way for her and will soon see heaven! Ahhh, goosebumps!

Related Posts with Thumbnails