Friday, April 9, 2010

A Decade Down.

Upon turning 25, the loveliest of best friends reminded me, that how-cow-how-did-this-happen?, but, we had been friends for nearly 10 years, a decade! For some reason this had not crossed my mind, at all, until she brought it how. How was that possible? How had I let 10 years fly by, unnoticed? Also, I was totally overwhelmed by what a blessing this friendship has been. How comforting is it to look someone in the eye who has also looked back at you in your 17 year-old-eyes (is anyone in there???), 21 year-old eyes (umm, you did what?!?!?! and are you sure that was a good idea?) and now today (gosh you're old!), is still right there with you? What changes have taken place over those 10 years? I started thinking about how we both had changes, how our families had grown close, how our geographical locations had changed, our daily lives have changed, our means of communication had changed, the lessons that we have learned, the lectures we've given one another, the issues that we have mulled over and bounced off one another. What a journey. Like a ribbon delicately woven through the path of life to create a strong, protective, safety net.

3 comments:

Abby said...

It's true -- you & Steph are OLD. Practically ancient compared to me... ;)

Age aside, it's pretty cool that you've known each other through so many different stages of life. It's a rarity and a gift.

Stephanie said...

I freaking love you.

And I love you too Abby, I like knowing you help keep her in line up there :)

Abby said...

Ha! Love you too! And I'll make sure she stays on the straight and narrow. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails