Monday, June 7, 2010

Happily Ever After

My parents are still in love. Our whole trip to Florida my parents were holding hands, seriously, the whole time. Andrew kept teasing me about how in love my parents are and just imagine...
I acted like it bugged me, grossed me out, etc, but in all reality, I think it is so awesome that my parents still like each other, enjoy spending time together and still like to hold hands! So many couples don't make it that far. Andrew and I are so lucky to each have a set of parents that have set an amazing example of what marriage looks like. When we sit down to plan our wedding, and more importantly for married life, we are so blessed to have two hand holding, in love, compromising, patient and genuine married couples to serve as examples to us.
** Andrew and I went back and forth joking whether Dad was holding Mom's hand as a loving gesture or as a sort of leash, if you will. Mom gets really excited when she gets in a Disney park and will, without shame, leave us all in the dust. (You MUST keep up!!!)

2 comments:

Abby said...

Hmmm...I think it was probably a combo of leash and loving gesture. Lol, either way, they ARE a pretty amazing couple :)

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

My mom and dad hold hands all the time too and I think I am 50% grossed out, but at the same time 100% grateful that they still love each other a bunch! It's rare for people our age to have parents who are still together. Such a blessing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails