Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Grand Central Bakery

the "shuttle cock" - impressive, no?

 they had me hooked with the raspberry jam. they set out little pots of what tastes like homemade raspberry freezer jam.


Best. bakery. ever.
(don't even get me started on the lattes or the raspberry jam) 
I should add more than just posting these pictures, because really there is some motivation behind tracking down this bakery. My mom bought me this cookbook for Christmas. I love to bake and this cookbook fit the bill. What really threw me off however was that on the front cover it claims to be the "Pacific Northwest's Celebrated Bakery." How had I never heard of this bakery until now??? I receive a book that claims it holds the recipes to a celebrated bakery that I have been missing right in my own backyard! So, I hounded Naomi. How could SHE let this happen? She is on top of these kinds of things and usually keeps me well informed of the latest and greatest. She had not heard of it either. So, being the good friend that she is, the next time that I was in town for a visit she announced that we she had in fact located the "celebrated bakery" and we would be visiting it the next morning for breakfast. Isn't she good? (I think yes.) The next morning we headed out to this bakery that we had been missing, and oh my, had we been missing out!!! The most delicious lattes and baked goods! Quality, down to earth, nothing too fluffy or pretentious. The barista attempted some coffee art in the foam and ended up with what his coworker dubbed a "badminton shuttle cock." Needless to say this was not a place to be distracted by opulent surroundings or impressive latte art, their baked goods downright stole the show! I cannot wait to start in on some of the recipes from the book - they are equally as appealing!

1 comment:

Abby said...

So is this in Portland? Or are there multiple locations...perhaps closer? Lol, I don't care about the lattes, it's the baked goods that are calling to me... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails