Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Girls


I am so looking forward to spending a weekend with the girls this weekend. We have many things to celebrate, memories to relive, more to make, and futures to ponder. It has been a few months since the five of us girls have been in the same place at the same time, this weekend is a huge blessing. It's very exciting to think about heading off to camp with some of my very best friends. I also have to keep pushing the thoughts out of my mind that are reminding me that this will be the last time in a long time that all of us will be able to spend time like this, like "normal."
New and exciting goals have captured each of us, our sights have refocused now that we are a couple years past college and our futures are stretching out ahead of us. Exciting, huh? For me, it's scary. It's hard to make the changes, everyone knows that I am miserable at change. At the times that I hate change the most it is when each of us is making me so proud to be who we are and going where we are going. Even though it seems scary now and it's painful for me in the moment, it's exciting to see the women that each of us is becoming. I have always fought change, but this time I have more peace than I have before. I know that each of us has established ourselves as young women and are continually moving forward into who we are to become while still remaining tightly knit.
So between continued education, male counterparts, new homes and whatever else is thrown our way, tonight I'm thankful that wherever these things take us that they will be shared and navigated together. As for tomorrow... my focus is on looking at the immediate future that is spending the weekend with some of the girls that mean to the most to me: many laughs, meals, hikes, pictures, memories and hugs. And I'm sure lots of crap for me posting this AWESOME picture of us.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails